Popcorn 2 Ways
Vegan MoFo: It's that time of year again! If you don't know what's up, allow me to give you a brief overview: short for the Vegan Month of Food, Vegan MoFo is an annual blogging event about all things vegan. Participants are given daily prompts and then post about it. If you need more info check out the MoFo website and get hip (click here and then come back). Today’s prompt: Cartoon Inspired.
No lie - I did not like popcorn as a kid. Now it's my go-to snack for the occasional TV night. But I don't like just any popcorn. I only like the popcorn my partner makes on the stove top and I love to add a lot of flavor.
Today I'm sharing with you my two fave popcorn flavors and how to make this snack yourself (it's way cheaper than buying microwave or pre-popped corn).
Basic Popcorn1/2 c kernals
2 tbsp canola oil
- get your oil hot in a big ass pot with a lid
- add the kernels and lid up
- listen for the pops; it's gonna pop a little, then a lot, then a little again. Just listen for the kernels to start having 2-3 second gaps between pops (just like the microwave kind); that's when they're done.
- Pour your popped corn into a big ass bowl and go with one of these yummy toppings below or just add salt and chow down.
Sweet and Spicy Curried Popcorn
Sweet and Spicy Curried Popcorn1/2 tsp curry
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Mix together your spices before you start popping your corn and set aside.
- Pour your naked popcorn in a big bowl and sprinkle this amazing mixture on top and toss to coat.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn1 c chocolate chips
1/2 c peanut butter
- Mix together the chips and peanut butter in a non-stick sauce pan and melt them together. Once all melted let it hang out on low while you pop the corn.
- When your popcorn is all popped and naked in the bowl, drizzle this goo on top and toss to coat.
- Put your gooey mess, yes I know it's a mess, in the fridge for 30 minutes to make the mess less of a mess.
More Snacks:Banana Peanut Butter Dip
RAW: Key Lime Pudding
BBQ Apple Chips
Dark Chocolate and Kalamata Olive TrufflesSpinach Artichoke Dip
UP NEXT: we're jumping a few seasons right into Winter.
ICYMI, I made some Cajun Sweet Creamed Corn for the cutest lil lightning bug.
Can't get enough? I'm all over the place, let's follow each other (cause that doesn't sound creepy, at all!) Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. Nothing makes me heart more full than when people let me know they've tried my recipes. If you wanna help make my heart happy you can hashtag thisveganlyfe or @ ambereatsveg, comment on the post, post on my wall, tweet at me; whichever socials you feel comfy with.
All the love,