Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
Does this really need an introduction?
Thank goodness Mr. Dole, found a way to tin pineapple...that's all I'm saying about that...
What you'll need:
1/4 c margarine
7 T organic unbleached sugar
1 T molasses
1 t Cinnamon
1 can crushed pineapple (reserve juice)
6 maraschino cherries — drained and halved
1 c flour
1 1/2 t Baking Powder
1/4 t salt
1/4 c soy yogurt
1/4 c margarine (80% fat is best) — softened
1/4 c white organic unbleached sugar
1 t Vanilla Extract
1/2 c reserved pineapple juice (from above can)
What to do:
What to do:
- Lightly grease each 2 1/2 inch c in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- For topping, melt margarine in a small saucepan.
- Stir in molasses, organic unbleached sugar and cinnamon until blended.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 c of the pineapple (save remainder for another use).
- Spoon about 1 tbsp. of topping into each muffin cup.
- Place a cherry half, round side down, in center of each.
- In small bowl, combine flour, Baking Powder and salt.
- In large bowl, beat soy yogurt, margarine and organic unbleached sugar with electric mixer (no need to clean beaters) until fluffy.
- Beat in Vanilla Extract.
- Alternately add flour mixture and pineapple juice, beating well after each addition.
- Gently fold into batter.
- Pour evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Invert onto cookie sheet and gently tap each c to release cupcakes.